Sunday, October 3, 2010

"All My Days" by Alexi Murdoch

Alexi Murdoch's soft vocals and rolling guitar instantly draw comparisons to the late Nick Drake.  Murdoch spent his childhood in several different European countries before moving to the United States to study at Duke.  Alexi Murdoch sounds like the most relaxed guy in the world now that Jack Johnson has picked up an electric.  His music is great for times of reading or journaling, and it is great for those introspective quiet moments in life.  I like to listen to Alexi Murdoch when I'm in a coffee shop doing some reading or writing because it helps me to focus in on being alone with my thoughts even though there are people all around me.  I also like listening to Murdoch on my ipod when I'm walking through a city, it just feels right.


The song "All My Days" is a story about finding what you're looking for in life.  Murdoch does a great job at putting off the vibe that he's alone in his search as his solo voice and light guitar picking is only accompanied by some ambient sound, and his lyrics talk about times when no friends are around.  While the song sounds kind of sad or depressing at first, the truth is that this song is about someone who realizes what they're looking for out of life and goes for it.  I'm young, but it seems like knowing what you're looking for in life is way easier said than done.
 



So here is a laid back hopeful little song for this rainy day, I hope you find what you're looking for...



No comments:

Post a Comment