Friday, September 17, 2010

"Hold You in My Arms " by Ray Lamontagne

One day when Ray Lamontagne woke up to get ready for his job at a shoe factory in Maine he heard the Stephen Stills song "Treetop Flyer," and it changed his life.  The song inspired Ray to quit his job at the shoe factory and pursue a life as a singer-songwriter. Over the last 11 years Ray has been touring and released "Trouble" his first album with RCA in 2004.  Since a SOTD changed Ray's life, I think he is a perfect artist to kick off this SOTD blog.

Today is a good day for a song from Ray Lamontagne.  When I think about his music I think about a road trip that I took to Maine a few years ago with my friend Barry.  I remember the little morning chill in the air coming off the ocean up in Maine that I felt this morning when I walked out of my house.  I remember how when we were up there in late August the signs of fall were starting to show like they are here now.  As I listened to the first few strums of the guitar in "Hold You in My Arms" off of "Trouble" I knew it was just the right song for today.  Ray's sad soulful singing goes just right with an overcast morning.

Enjoy this live version...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziUsdu1vZtE

1 comment: