Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Winter Winds" by Mumford and Sons

Right now I am sitting in my living room with my friend Steve.  I didn't really listen to a lot of music, and right now Steve is playing some good stuff like "Murder in the City" by the Avett Brothers and "The Freshman" by the Verve Pipe.  One of the songs we talked about a little earlier tonight was "Winter Winds" by Mumford and Sons, and that is the Song of The Day.

If you don't know Mumford and Sons, they are a band from the UK, and have recently been gaining some steam in the US.  They have performed on Letterman, and are on the 105.9 from time to time (sometime that is a little bit discouraging, but I am hopeful that they won't be sell-outs).  The band has a few songs that have some pretty intense lyrics. 

My favorite couple lines from this song are...
 "And if your strife strikes at your sleep
Remember spring swaps snow for leaves
You'll be happy and wholesome again
When the city clears and sun ascends"

 I saw Mumford and Sons play a show in Cleveland this past year with some friends and I can promise you that the energy of their sound on studio tracks is just as powerful and just as tight when they perform live.  This is a band that has a lot going for them right now, not the least of which is being SOTD.

Check out the youtube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KCg_QEHtkY

Have a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment